3 DAY KATHERINE gorge TOUR
where the tropics meet the outback
‘Cowboy Country’ takes you into the regional heart of the Top End to live, breathe and experience this unique outback cultural landscape.
Gorges carved over millions years, located in the amazing Nitmiluk National Park, are a world-famous and must-see site when visiting the Northern Territory. But, there is so much more to see aand experrience in the Katherine Region and we can’t wait to show you!
This is Cowboy Country.
- Max group size 8 guests
- Katherine Gorge cruise at sunset
- Adelaide River War Cemetery
- Katherine Hot Springs
- Visits to local cafes and restaurants
- Top Didj Culture Experience
- 2 nights accommodation in Nitmiluk Chalets (upgrade to Cicada Lodge option available)
- Pine Creek historic gold mining town
- Cutta Cutta Caves guided tour
- Katherine Museum
- Katherine Outback Experience
- Day 1 – Dinner (sunset dinner cruise)
- Day 2 – Own expense
- Day 3 – Own expense
This experience features the ability to try local foods and treats in local establishments. This is a deliberate tactic to further immerse you in the culture of the Katherine Region.
overview of features
- Adelaide river war cemetery – Enjoy morning tea on the banks of the river and take a moment to respect Adelaide river war cemetery.
- Katherine Gorge cruise with dinner – Be blown away by the lush gorges and rugged landscapes on a sunset dinner boat cruise in Nitmiluk National Park. You may even see some freshwater crocodiles sunning themselves in the last light shone on the Katherine Gorge.
- Katherine Museum – Learn about the history of the Katherine region and how the community built this stunning remote outback town.
- Katherine Outback Show – You can’t get more “country Australian” than an outback show! Join in with Tom Curtain on a cowboy entertainment show with a musical twist.
- Cutta Cutta Caves – A guided tour of these enigmatic marvels of limestone that tell a curios story of prehistoric life in the Top End. Nature lovers will love the simple beauty of these caves which are home to many bats and elusive creatures of the dark.
- Katherine Hot Springs – Although you can swim in the Katherine Gorge, we believe your bones will enjoy an afternoon refreshing swim more in the simply beautiful natural hot springs on the Katherine river.
- Top Didj Aboriginal culture experience – The Katherine region is steeped in Aboriginal history and there is no one better to tell the stories than Manual Pampkal. He will lead you through life stories in an interactive fun morning with painting and fire lighting. Peruse their art gallery and perhaps choose a piece to take home to remember this unbelievable trip forever.
- Local food establishments – Immerse yourself in outback culture and savour the local food at many country food stops. Maybe try damper bread or Indigenous flavours!
- Pine Creek historic gold mining town – Known as the site of the original gold rush, this outback historic town is something to behold. So much so that it is featured in the movie “We of the Never Never”. A quaint and interesting place to spend some time.
- Nitmiluk National Park Chalets – Stay in the heart of the amazing Nitmiluk National Park and a stone’s throw away from Katherine Gorge at Nitmiluk chalets. Or, upgrade to the luxury Cicada Lodge for an extra special stay.
This tour is available on request from May through to October as a public & private option.
The region that our tours are conducted in can experience extreme weather conditions. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary or cancel the tour at any point prior to or during the tour subject to our cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions on our website prior to booking.
Pick up & Drop Off
We pick up and drop off from all accommodation options in Darwin. Palmerston by appointment only.
Children over 7 years of age are permitted on PUBLIC group tours. There are no age restrictions on PRIVATE CHARTERS. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Persons of moderate fitness and agility as evidenced by the ability to walk up a flight of stairs unaided without having or feeling like you might have a heart attack are suitable for this tour
The tour when operating as a PUBLIC tour has a minimum number requirement before it is confirmed to depart. Failure to reach this number may lead to cancelation of the tour. ethical adventures reserves the right to cancel at any time.